In today’s blog post, Lisa from Ready-Seal will show you guys how easy it is to bring life back to a gray old fence.
We’ve been in this house 10 years and we’ve never done anything to our fence. The house is actually almost 20 years old and so the fence might be that old as well.
1. The first step in the process is just to get it cleaned off. Here’s what we need today:
2. We’re gonna mix this together to form a good cleaning solution. The cleaning solution is made up of 25% bleach 75% water with a drop of the dish washing detergent to help it stick to the wood. Mix thoroughly.
3. Make sure you have some gloves on to protect your hands and if you have grass or bushes or any other kind of vegetation around you may want to protect those as well from over spray of the bleach. Sometimes with older wood there’s a higher leach ratio that is required so, if you notice that the color is not changing on your wood and it’s not cleaning like it should be, then go ahead and up that ratio and that should take care of it.
4. Once you’re finished bleaching let it sit for about 20 minutes and then grab a hose and rinse it off.
5. Let it dry out for at least a few days and then we can come back with the stain.
6. Now it’s time to apply Ready-Seal once the fence is clean and dry. It’s almost 100 degrees today in Texas and unlike other competitors, you can apply Ready-Seal in any temperature and in direct sunlight. You can also apply Ready-Seal with a paint brush or a roller also with a sprayer.
7. If you get the stain on one of the metal support poles all you have to do is get a rag and wipe it off, you don’t have to worry about the stain. Ready-Seal will self level as it runs down the boards but you can use a paint brush or a roller to get in the corners and cracks.
Once you have Ready-Seal on the fence, you’re basically done as long as the wood was clean and dry to begin with. You don’t have to worry if it’s gonna rain the next day, it’s not going to wash away.
If you have any more questions check out Ready-Seal’s website at www.readyseal.com.
How To Revitalize an Old Fence With Ready-Seal!
By: Texas Home Improvement Network
Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gel9_q0eb34